Assessment of Paediatric Clients
For Postural Systems, Standing Devices and Wheelchairs
USING 24 HOURS TO FACILITATE POSTURE, FUNCTION, PARTICIPATION AND OVERALL WELLBEING
5 CPD HOURS
This is an intermediate course considering the postural and mobility needs of the paediatric population over a 24 hour duration. We will explore the process beginning with a client assessment and postural mat evaluation. We will consider tone, spasticity, growth and abnormal postures. We will then translate this information into assistive technology options with the aim to promote function and participation. This course will offer an opportunity to work through pediatric seating and mobility prescription in a clear, step-by-step process designed to support successful outcomes.
Clinical objectives include:
- The power of 24-hour posture support
- Postural management of paediatric clients while considering growth, ease of use and participation
- The maximization of health, posture and function for paediatric clients
- Identifying critical components for consideration in paediatric wheelchairs
- Key features in Leckey Sleep and Seating Systems
- Key features of Leckey Standing Systems
- Key features and configuration available on Zippie Paediatric wheelchairs
At the end of this workshop, participants will feel confident in assessing and prescribing seating systems and wheelchairs for the paediatric client.