Power to the People: Power Mobility & Wheelchairs
About this Event:
For Complex Rehabilitation Health Professionals
6 AHPRA CPD HOURS
$25 with Morning Tea and Lunch supplied
Kindly hosted at Lakes Resort Hotel by
Aidacare Healthcare Equipment, Adelaide
Join us for a Quickie Masterclass in powered mobility. We’ll help you understand all the different base types, power seating options and drive control devices and how they impact on client participation and functional outcomes. Consider this a super charged class on understanding powered mobility.
• Selecting a suitable base to cover personal and environmental needs
• Funding considerations – when features such as motor size, suspension type and tracking assistance are necessary rather than desirable.
• Considerations, compromises and being confident in your advice
You’ll leave this course excited to work with power wheelchairs!
Prescribing a powerchair often poses many challenges as you consider factors that affect wheelchair performance and client function. We’ll provide practical advice regarding power seat functions and their use throughout the day.
• What the evidence tells us about skin and posture/comfort protection
• How we can influence usage to improve clinical outcomes
• What power seating functions are truly necessary
• What questions we should be asking in the assessment to guide our decision